RESERVATIONS & CANCELLATIONS
1. A deposit of £150 per week is required when booking, this can be made either by cheque (with cheque guarantee card details including limit and expiry date printed on reverse) postal order or using a debit or credit card. A service charge of £1.50p will be added to the amount payable when you use a credit card. This is because of the charge levied by credit card companies. Debit card payments are free of charge. The balance is then due 8 weeks before the let.
2. A charge of £25 will be made in respect of any cheque returned uncleared.
3. The number of occupants of a cottage must not exceed the number stated when booked other than by prior written arrangement with the owner.
4. All reservations are contractually binding whether made by telephone, in writing, or by any other means. Cancellation or curtailment for whatever reason causes loss to a small business and guests will be liable for payment of the booked period. We regret that the deposit and once paid the balance are both non-refundable in the event of a cancellation unless we secure another booking. Where possible we will endeavour to reduce this liability by attempting to re-let. If we are able to do this an administrative handling charge of £25 per week will be deducted and the balance of any payments made refunded to you. If cancellation is necessary you will help us to reduce your liability by informing us as soon as possible. A telephone cancellation will need to be confirmed in writing by you.
5. The owners reserve the right to cancel or alter a booking. In the event of a cancellation the owner will only be liable for the return of monies received.
6. The owners regret that pets are not allowed.
7. The guest undertakes to keep the cottage and all furniture, fixtures and fittings and effects in or on the premises in the same state of repair and condition as at the commencement of the holiday and also undertakes to leave the premises in the same state of cleanliness and general order in which it was found. The owner shall be compensated for any damage and breakages that may occur (fair wear and tear excepted)
8. The owners do not accept liability for loss or damage to personal property brought to Hermitage Farm Cottages or for any personal injury sustained by guests or visitors to Hermitage Farm, however caused.
9. The guests’ right to occupy the property is limited to occupancy for holiday purposes and such right shall commence at 4.00pm on the day of arrival and terminate at 10.00am on the final day of the holiday.
10. The owners reserve the right to demand the removal, without notice, of any person or animal whose conduct, in the opinion of the owner, is prejudicial to the well being and/or enjoyment of other guests.